Where passion and knowledge collide; that's Shaun. They are both passionate about sharing and protecting New Zealand's wildlife and they're knowledgeable on a broad expanse of subjects. On experience with Shaun, you get the rare opportunity to visit a private farm where there is a Yellow-Eyed penguin colony, see the New Zealand fur seals, sea lions and endless birds including the Royal Albatross. Also on longer Tours, you can visit the remote and wild Catlins then a visit Stewart Island. There you have the ultimate opportunity to see our native bird, the Kiwi in the wild. With Brian or Shawn, you don't just see wildlife, you will get to feel and understand and embrace them.
- Pick up from your Dunedin accommodation
- Travel along the Otago Peninsula road which hugs the coastline and offers stunning vistas
- Learn how tourism and conservation are working together to ensure the well being of the unique wildlife on the peninsula
- A unique opportunity to view the world’s largest sea bird, the Royal Albatross, on their nesting area at Taiaroa Head. This is the world’s only mainland albatross colony.
- Visit a private conservation area to see Hooker sea lions and a breeding colony of New Zealand fur seals
- See the world’s rarest penguins, the Yellow penguin, from strategically placed observation hides. There are only approximately 5,000 left in the world
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at a specially chosen spot or Local Restaurant / Cafe – hopefully viewing more wildlife!
- Pick up from your Dunedin accommodation.
- A full day of exploring the Catlins Coastline
- See the lighthouse at Nugget Point
- Enjoy numerous, mild bush walks
- See the fossilized forest, tide permitting
- There is the opportunity to watch the world’s smallest and rarest dolphins; Hector dolphins playing at Curio Bay
where you can be transferred to Invercargill and either ﬂy to your next destination or pick up a rental car to continue the journey on a self-drive basis to Te Anau, Queenstown or other destination. There is also the option to drive back to Dunedin with Shaun.
Pricing and Inclusions
Pricing for Two-day option
NZD$1,470.00 based on two passengers
NZD$1,522.50 based on three passengers
NZD$1,575.00 based on four passengers
5 and up to 10 passengers at from NZD$1,815.00 to NZD$3,615.00 - Enquire for further details
Includes the full two-day tour of private guiding, Albatross Centre admission, gourmet picnic lunch
Pricing for Two-day option
Price on Application NZD based on two passengers
Includes two days guiding, Albatross Centre admission, gourmet picnic lunch on day one
When you book our Locals and Landscapes Guide Brian, a Donation of $10.00 Per Person will be donated to The Sealion Trust. Click the following link to see how your donation is helping New Zealand Encounters Conservation effort. www.sealiontrust.org.nz
Click here to find out how your Donation will help