Terms & Conditions:
1. To confirm your trip, New Zealand Encounters & Travel Ltd (NZE) requires a minimum deposit of 25% of the total package cost. This deposit is non-refundable. The full payment is required 60 days prior to arrival. If a booking is made less than 60 days before tour
commencement, then payment is required in full. All prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars. Prices include New Zealand Goods & Services Tax (GST) at 15%. Payment can be made by wire transfer or credit card.
2. The payment of the deposit confirms your acceptance of NZE’s Terms and Conditions as laid out on this page.
3. If NZE is arranging Insurance Cover on your behalf, full payment is required with the deposit and the insurance terms and conditions apply.
4. Included in your trip costing is our normal operating costs such as charges and fees for research, itinerary preparation, arrangement costing etc. As arrangements for each entire tour as specified in the itineraries represent a complete package of arrangements, an
itemisation of costs will not be rendered. Payment of a deposit will indicate an acceptance of these conditions by the purchaser.
5. Once a trip has been confirmed, one (1) amendment is permitted. Any further amendments instigated by the client may incur a $100.00 per amendment fee due to the considerable communication, labour and sundry expenses involved.
6. It is recommended that you purchase travel insurance. This is to cover you in case you need to cancel your trip or make any emergency amendments during your holiday.
· Warning: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. In addition, New Zealand's accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to New Zealand who are injured. We strongly
recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover.
· Exclusions: To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993. For more
information see www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/consumerinfo/cga/index.html
7. Cancellation Policy - 20% of the total cost of the package is non-refundable.
· If you cancel but you are able to travel again within 12 months, the non-refundable deposit will be credited to your next trip. · In the event of a cancellation 75 days or more prior to arrival, then 80% of the package price will be refunded · Cancellation between 74-31 days of arrival will be handled on a case by case situation because your refund will depend greatly on the individual cancellation policies of each supplier booked for your holiday. · In the event of a cancellation 30 days or less prior to tour commencement, there will be no refund.
8. If adverse weather means that you are unable to complete an activity then you will receive a full refund at the completion of your trip.
9. If a Guided Milford Track or Routeburn Track booking is included in your trip arrangements as per the Track policy, there is a $200 per
person cancellation policy and there is no refund if cancelled 60 days prior.
10. All refunds or added charges will be handled on your behalf by NZ Encounters & Travel Ltd at the completion of travel.
Limitation of Liability
I hereby acknowledge that New Zealand Encounters & Travel Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or injury (including death) that I may suffer as a result of taking a tour arranged by New Zealand Encounters & Travel Ltd. I agree to make no claim against New Zealand Encounters & Travel Ltd arising out of the tour and I further agree that no third party may make a claim through me or on my behalf. The provisions of this release shall apply to New Zealand Encounters & Travel Ltd, its directors, employees and agents. Should any dispute arise between the parties such dispute will be governed exclusively by the laws of New Zealand as stated in number 5 above.