"The honour of sharing the Southern Alps with its vast valleys, rivers and ever-changing moods? Well, you can hardly call it a job", Mark's response when asked to describe his work. Mark was born and raised on a sheep, deer and crop farm in the Canterbury region outside Christchurch. He began experiencing the Southern Alps and Canterbury high country as a child on family 'Sunday drives'. These turned into more "manly" adventures as a teenager when he and his father went on hiking and four-wheel-drive trips, sometimes staying overnight in old Musterer's huts in the middle of nowhere. "But the stars kept you company at night".
One Day Option:
- Pick up from your central Christchurch accommodation.
- Private four-wheel drive safari deep into the Canterbury high country
- A photographers dream
- Off the beaten track beauty where humans rarely travel
- Learn the history and colourful stories of those who pioneered and have lived in the region
- Opportunity for bird viewing
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, picnic-style by a lake, at a scenic spot or musterer'ss hut
- Two significant Lord of the Rings sites; Edoras and Helm's Deep
- Endlessly changing views of the Southern Alps, hanging glaciers, valleys and braided rivers
- Return to your central Christchurch accommodation at approximately 5:30pm
Pricing and Inclusions
Pricing for one day option
$1,275.00 NZD based on two passengers
Includes guiding, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
When you book our Locals and Landscapes Guide Mark, a Donation of $10.00 Per Person will be donated to The Crested Grebe ConservationProject. Click the following link to see how your donation is helping New Zealand Encounters Conservation effort.
Click here to find out how your Donation will help